Tuesday, April 30, 2024

How did my Illinois CCL renewal qualification @ GAT GUNS turn out?


Jeez, that was back on April 12 and I'm just now getting around to writing about it.

I guess everything went just as fine and dandy as I expected it to. This was my third Illinois qualification (years 2014, 2019, and 2024); all of those quals were at GAT Guns; all of those quals were with the Safe Side Tactical instructors (former cops and / or ex-military). 

GAT Guns has always been a well organized business. Seriously, when navigating anything that involves the Illinois government bureaucracy I want the best folks I can find to work with. The drive to and from Dundee is quite a distance for me but it is always worth the trip.

---------------

I have used the same handgun for all three of the Illinois quals that I have done over the years, a Glock 26 (along with 3 magazines holding 10-rounds each; 1 mag for each of the qualification distances). 


I used this 9mm carry ammo to shoot this qualification. Nope, I am not now nor have I ever been a cop; this ammo is available to the public. I often practice with the defense loads that I carry.  Anyhoo, any hollow point bullet makes a much cleaner hole in the paper target than does FMJ ball and that makes it easy for the CCL instructor to tally a quick score.

It's all over and done with and I'm good for another five years.

----------
😎
---------
/McB

No comments:

Post a Comment